Thursday, February 14

Ship Life So Far


Greetings Family and Friends,

I've now been in San Diego for two and a half weeks. It's rained twice and the temperature has only dropped below 60 once. What a beautiful place! I'm enjoying my time on the KIDD and working hard to get qualified so I can contribute to the team. The sooner the better for me. I need to feel like I'm moving forward or I fear I will simply not move at all. Jodi and Natalie are set to come out next week and I am extremely excited to see them. I miss all of my family so much. Mom said it would only take a month before I would be bringing them out here, but I would have brought them out my second day here if it were possible. Please pray for our home to sell quickly the moment we put it on the market. I'm enjoying myself as much as possible and working hard, but a man can only work so much before he needs that comfort the presence of a loving family provides. I can only hope and pray that my efforts now will result in quality time with them down the road. I think Jodi and I are close to setting a time table for when she will need to come out. Mathematically we should be able to afford rent and a mortgage if we buckle down. It will simply take some steadfast discipline on our part and a desire to really make the situation work for us. I hope you all are doing well and the winters are not too harsh back in Indiana. Thank you again for the love and support you've given my family. We are grateful for everything you've all done to help us get through this time. As you can see from Jodi's last post she has the tougher job out of the two of us. Please keep her at the forefront of your thoughts and prayers. Not too many people could handle taking on 3 children under the age of 4 single handedly, but with your help I know she will do fine and wonder why she ever thought she needed my help so much. She is a very strong woman and an excellent wife and mother. I know how deeply she appreciates your encouragement and genuine affection. I hope to see you all soon and hope the rest of February goes great for all of you.

Love,

Rob

No comments: