Sunday, July 13

Amazing Adventures....


So as many may know Rob is not coming home till Christmas and what a blow that was for me. I am apart of amazing steering team this year and we got together this weekend for a short time to brain storm. This years theme for MOPS is A Mothers Adventures. Being 32 this year, I have been through some adventures in my life. Motherhood has been the greatest, at times it has been so hard, but I see this picture that I posted today and think " Jodi, come on, there was a time in your life that you lost everything and you made it through. Girl you CAN do this, you really can." I say this to myself a lot, and I hear it from all those who care so much for my family.
When this picture was taken I was heading toward a valley in my live that only God could have brought me out of. For those who know the story of Rob and I, you know that valley very well. For those of you who do not.....
Four years ago at this time of year Rob and I were being carried out of this valley by the hands of God.
Our first deployment was a hard one. I found a new life of being independent and he found a life of what Navy life was really about. This took a huge toll on our relationship and after a year and half of being married we called it quits. In mid-July our mar rage was heading straight to the bottom of that valley fast and nothing we seem to be doing was stopping us. By late Sept.of 2002 most the paper work had been filled out and we were just a few months shy of being what the Navy calls "topical" and on our way to being divorced. There were just a few minor things that needed to be tied up but other than that there was NOTHING stopping this now. Early Dec. of 2002, Rob found out he had to go out to sea for a three week training thing. So that pushed the paper work back a little. Once out to sea he found out that he was not going to be gone just for a few weeks, BUT for a few months. He would have to tell you how this made him feel, but, for me it was good. I would not have to see or hear about him around town and I could focus on my schooling and charge ahead in working even harder.
Well, long story short that "few eek" deployment gave us both time to search our hearts. I was served my papers in mid April of 2003 and was wishing I had never agreed to this. A million miles away Rob was in Italy and got to make one phone call. His parents were all he wanted to talk to, but the Lord had other plans. Well, Rob forgot his parents number and the only one he could remember was mine.
Wow, I was the last person he wanted to talk to but, if I had his parents number he would not have to talk long. I did not have the number and we ended up talking to a while about what we were about to do and how in our own ways knew it was not right. But being a million mile away was not the place to talk about it. So when they pulled in May I was there to greet him. God is an awesome God. Four years and three kids later we are in a valley again. BUT, this valley as a "village" so to speak. Meaning, that we are not alone in this as we were before. Our church family has just plucked us up and surrounded us with love and support.
Through it all I have found the things as a child I had dreamed of. Friends that are my "kindred spirit "friends. (that is from a movie-"Anne of Green Gables" which I watched faithfully for about five years. The whole time wishing I could end up like "Anne" since we came from the same back ground so to speak.) I have found the "father" i have always wanted. Now, when I was wanting a father I was wanting one I could hug every night and sit in his lap to hear stories. I will get to do that one day but for now my Father is waiting for me to finish His plan for me here and to show the world His amazing love. "For I know the plans I have for you...." I am not sure what they are but today I am going to walk down this path that God has placed me on and with one hand in His and the other on my heart I will take this walk and be content.
Please keep praying for Rob as he is in San Diego. He has it hard out there with little to lean on. He is in a position that he was to be mean and tough. Rob is having a hard time figuring out how to do this and still be the example God wants him to be. I know he would ask this but being so busy e-mailing is hard, I will ask for him.
Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, what a great story of God's grace.

My husband and I were once in that situation, we had our papers signed and even turned in but God had different plans and changed our hearts (mostly mine). Praise God, because where we are now in our marriage is amazing, we're stronger now as a couple.

I'm sorry your husband is going to be away for so long. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. We aren't a military family but I can understand your pain and your hurt and fears.

I certainly didn't mean to ramble on but I just wanted to let you know that someone out there cares and is praying for your family.